Virtual Meeting Links
Virtual Coffee Hour with Mr. Leipart Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:30am - 8:30am
Gilman Schools Family Forum with Mr. Leipart and Mr. Hess Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7pm - 8pm
You will need a ID# and password to enter the meeting.
Meeting ID: 7154478211 Password: Pirates20
To dial in from a phone: 1-312-626-6799
cOVID-19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
Student and staff safety is our top priority at The School District of Gilman.
Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers declared that Wisconsin is under a state of emergency. We will be updating this page as we outline what this will mean for Gilman School. Parents and guardians should watch email for an official announcement from the district.
In our efforts to keep our students, staff and families informed with the latest information on COVID-19 or Coronavirus, please use this page as a reference for District communications regarding COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
This global health event impacts us all. It requires us to take careful precautions and to follow advice provided by public health experts.
Athletics and Events: All before and after school events and activities including athletics, parent-teacher conferences, and club sponsored events are postponed until further notice.
School Sponsored Trips: All field trips are postponed until further notice.
3P Community Fitness Center: Is closed until further notice.
For the most up to date information please follow Taylor County Health Department on Facebook, or visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services’ webpage https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm and Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
PRECAUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The District is taking a number of precautions to minimize the risk to our students, staff and families:
- We are asking all of our families to monitor their student’s health, as well as their own. If their child is sick with flu-like symptoms, fever, cough or shortness of breath, we are recommending that parents and guardians seek medical treatment and keep the child home from school. We are also asking staff and visitors to follow these same precautions.
- Our custodial staff is doubling its effort to ensure that high-touch surfaces are being disinfected. The products we use are hospital-grade cleaners and peroxide based. Custodians will replace soap and hand sanitizers often. All buses will be disinfected daily, and the Food Service Department will continue to follow food safety practices and use approved disinfectants.
We encourage all students, staff and community members to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.